Buttery chocolate orange brioche
The Delicious Brioche Recipe: Buttery Chocolate Orange Brioche
Are you a fan of sweet and indulgent treats? Look no further than this mouthwatering Buttery Chocolate Orange Brioche recipe. This delectable pastry combines the richness of chocolate, the citrusy tang of orange, and the buttery goodness of brioche bread. It's the perfect treat for breakfast, brunch, or dessert!
- Rich in antioxidants: The dark chocolate used in this recipe is packed with antioxidants, which help protect your body against free radicals and reduce inflammation.
- Good source of fiber: Brioche bread contains dietary fiber, promoting healthy digestion and keeping you feeling fuller for longer.
- Vitamin C boost: The addition of fresh orange zest provides a vitamin C kick, supporting your immune system and promoting collagen production.
- Calcium and iron: Brioche is made with milk and eggs, which are excellent sources of calcium and iron, essential for strong bones and healthy blood.
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons instant yeast
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup warm milk
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 tablespoon freshly grated orange zest
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Mix dry ingredients: In a large mixing bowl, combine flour, cocoa powder, sugar, yeast, and salt. Mix well.
- Add wet ingredients: Pour in warm milk, eggs, softened butter, and orange zest. Mix until a soft dough forms.
- Knead and rise: Transfer the dough to a floured surface and knead for about 10 minutes until smooth and elastic. Place the dough in a greased bowl, cover with a clean cloth, and let it rise for 1-2 hours until doubled in size.
- Add chocolate chips: Punch down the risen dough and knead in the chocolate chips until evenly distributed.
- Shape and bake: Divide the dough into equal portions and shape them into brioche rolls. Place them on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and let them rise for another 30 minutes. Bake in a preheated oven at 350°F for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown.
Tips and Recommendations
For the best results, here are some tips and recommendations when serving and preparing this delicious brioche:
- Allow the brioche rolls to cool slightly before serving to enhance their flavor and texture.
- For an extra touch, drizzle melted chocolate or sprinkle powdered sugar on top of the baked brioche rolls.
- Store any leftovers in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 3 days.
- To reheat the brioche, warm them in the oven for a few minutes or pop them in the toaster.
- Pair your Buttery Chocolate Orange Brioche with a cup of coffee or tea for a delightful breakfast or afternoon treat.
- All-purpose flour
- Unsweetened cocoa powder
- Granulated sugar
- Instant yeast
- Warm milk
- Large eggs
- Unsalted butter
- Freshly grated orange zest
- Semi-sweet chocolate chips
Now that you have all the information you need, it's time to indulge in the irresistible Buttery Chocolate Orange Brioche. Happy baking!