Butternut squash and sage bake
The Health Benefits of Butternut Squash and Sage Bake
Butternut squash and sage bake is a delicious and nutritious recipe that combines the earthy flavors of butternut squash and aromatic sage. This dish is packed with vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants, making it a healthy addition to any meal.
Butternut squash is a rich source of vitamin A, which is essential for maintaining good eye health and boosting the immune system. It also contains high levels of vitamin C, an antioxidant that helps protect the body against free radicals and supports collagen production for healthy skin. Additionally, butternut squash is a good source of fiber, which aids in digestion and helps maintain a healthy weight.
Sage, on the other hand, is known for its anti-inflammatory properties and is rich in antioxidants. It contains essential oils that have been shown to improve brain function and memory. Sage also has antimicrobial properties, which can help fight off infections and boost the immune system.
By combining butternut squash and sage in a bake, you get the best of both worlds - a dish that is not only delicious but also beneficial for your health. Whether you're looking to improve your overall well-being or simply want to add more nutrients to your diet, this recipe is a great choice.
- High in vitamin A, promoting good eye health and a strong immune system.
- Rich in vitamin C, supporting collagen production and protecting against free radicals.
- Good source of fiber, aiding in digestion and weight management.
- Packed with antioxidants, reducing inflammation and promoting overall health.
- Contains essential oils that improve brain function and memory.
- Has antimicrobial properties, helping to fight off infections.
- 1 butternut squash, peeled and diced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh sage, chopped
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 400°F (200°C).
- In a large bowl, toss the diced butternut squash with olive oil, sage, garlic powder, salt, and pepper until well coated.
- Spread the seasoned squash on a baking sheet and roast for 25-30 minutes, or until the edges are golden brown and crispy.
- Remove from the oven and let cool for a few minutes before serving.
Tips and Recommendations:
When serving this delicious butternut squash and sage bake, consider garnishing it with some fresh sage leaves for an extra pop of flavor. You can also sprinkle some grated Parmesan cheese on top for a cheesy twist. Serve it as a side dish alongside roasted chicken or pork, or enjoy it as a vegetarian main course with a side of mixed greens. The possibilities are endless!
- 1 butternut squash
- Olive oil
- Fresh sage
- Garlic powder
- Salt and pepper