Brown butter, cranberry and macadamia blondies
Indulge in the delectable flavors of these delicious blondies made with brown butter, cranberries, and macadamia nuts. This irresistible treat combines the rich, nutty taste of brown butter with the tanginess of cranberries and the crunch of macadamia nuts. Whether you're looking for a delightful dessert or a sweet snack, these blondies are sure to satisfy your cravings.
- High in fiber: Cranberries are packed with dietary fiber, which aids in digestion and helps maintain a healthy gut.
- Good source of antioxidants: Cranberries are rich in antioxidants, which protect the body against damage from harmful free radicals.
- Heart-healthy fats: Macadamia nuts contain monounsaturated fats, which can help lower bad cholesterol levels and reduce the risk of heart disease.
- Rich in vitamins and minerals: Macadamia nuts provide essential nutrients like vitamin B6, thiamin, magnesium, and manganese.
- 1 cup unsalted butter
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups light brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 1 cup macadamia nuts, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C) and line a baking pan with parchment paper.
- In a saucepan, melt the butter over medium heat until it turns golden brown and gives off a nutty aroma. Remove from heat and let it cool slightly.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the brown sugar, eggs, and vanilla extract until well combined.
- Add the melted brown butter to the sugar mixture and mix until smooth.
- Gradually add the dry ingredients to the wet mixture and mix until just combined.
- Fold in the dried cranberries and chopped macadamia nuts.
- Spread the batter evenly into the prepared baking pan.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until the edges are golden brown and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out with a few moist crumbs.
- Allow the blondies to cool completely before cutting into squares.
Tips and Recommendations
- Serve the blondies warm with a scoop of vanilla ice cream for an extra indulgent treat.
- Store any leftovers in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 3 days.
- You can customize this recipe by adding white chocolate chips or substituting the cranberries with dried cherries or raisins.
- Make sure to use unsalted butter to control the saltiness of the blondies.
- For a gluten-free version, use a gluten-free all-purpose flour blend.
- Unsalted butter
- All-purpose flour
- Baking powder
- Light brown sugar
- Vanilla extract
- Dried cranberries
- Macadamia nuts