Broccoli pesto pasta with spicy crumbs
Delicious and Nutritious Broccoli Pesto Pasta with Spicy Crumbs
Are you looking for a healthy and flavorful pasta recipe? Look no further than this delicious Broccoli Pesto Pasta with Spicy Crumbs. Packed with nutrients and bursting with flavor, this dish is a perfect choice for a quick and satisfying meal.
- Broccoli: Rich in vitamins A, C, and K, as well as fiber, broccoli is a powerhouse of nutrients that can support a strong immune system and promote healthy digestion.
- Pasta: While pasta is often seen as a carb-heavy food, it can actually be a good source of energy and provide essential nutrients like B vitamins and iron.
- Spicy Crumbs: Adding a kick of spice to your dish can boost metabolism and aid in digestion. Plus, the crumbs add a satisfying crunch to every bite.
- Pesto: Made with fresh basil, pine nuts, olive oil, and Parmesan cheese, the pesto sauce in this recipe is loaded with antioxidants and healthy fats.
- 1 head of broccoli
- 8 ounces of whole wheat pasta
- 3 tablespoons of olive oil
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup of pine nuts
- 1 cup of fresh basil leaves
- 1/4 cup of grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon of red pepper flakes
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Start by cooking the pasta according to package instructions. Drain and set aside.
- In a large pan, heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil over medium heat. Add the minced garlic and cook until fragrant.
- Add the broccoli florets and cook for 5-7 minutes until they are tender but still crisp.
- In a food processor, combine the cooked broccoli, pine nuts, basil leaves, Parmesan cheese, red pepper flakes, salt, and pepper. Process until smooth.
- In the same pan, heat the remaining tablespoon of olive oil. Add the cooked pasta and toss to coat with the pesto sauce.
- Serve the Broccoli Pesto Pasta with a sprinkle of spicy crumbs for an extra kick and crunch.
Tips and Recommendations
When serving and preparing this dish, here are a few tips to keep in mind:
- Use whole wheat pasta for added fiber and nutrients.
- Feel free to adjust the amount of red pepper flakes based on your spice preference.
- Store any leftover pesto sauce in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to a week.
- Serve with a side of fresh salad or roasted vegetables for a complete meal.
- Don't forget to garnish with fresh basil leaves for an extra pop of color and flavor.
- Whole wheat pasta
- Olive oil
- Pine nuts
- Fresh basil leaves
- Grated Parmesan cheese
- Red pepper flakes
- Salt and pepper