Broccoli and cheese filo tart
This delicious tart combines the flavors of broccoli and cheese in a crispy filo pastry. It is a perfect dish for both vegetarians and cheese lovers. The tart is easy to prepare and makes for a satisfying and nutritious meal.
- Broccoli: Broccoli is a powerhouse of nutrients. It is rich in vitamin C, vitamin K, and fiber. It also contains antioxidants that help protect the body against various diseases.
- Cheese: Cheese is a good source of calcium, protein, and vitamins A and B12. It provides essential nutrients for bone health and helps in the formation of red blood cells.
- Filo Pastry: Filo pastry is low in fat and calories compared to other types of pastry. It is a healthier alternative and adds a crispy texture to the tart.
- 1 package of filo pastry sheets
- 2 cups of broccoli florets
- 1 cup of grated cheddar cheese
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 3 tablespoons of olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Step 1: Preheat the oven to 375°F (190°C).
- Step 2: In a pan, heat olive oil and sauté the diced onion and minced garlic until golden brown.
- Step 3: Add the broccoli florets to the pan and cook for a few minutes until they are slightly tender.
- Step 4: Remove the pan from heat and allow the mixture to cool.
- Step 5: Lay a filo pastry sheet on a greased baking tray and brush it with olive oil.
- Step 6: Repeat the previous step with 4 more filo pastry sheets, layering them on top of each other.
- Step 7: Spread the cooled broccoli and onion mixture evenly on top of the filo pastry.
- Step 8: Sprinkle the grated cheddar cheese over the broccoli mixture.
- Step 9: Layer 5 more filo pastry sheets on top, brushing each sheet with olive oil.
- Step 10: Bake the tart in the preheated oven for 25-30 minutes or until the pastry turns golden brown.
- Step 11: Remove the tart from the oven and let it cool for a few minutes before serving.
Tips and Recommendations
- Serve the tart with a side salad for a complete meal.
- You can experiment with different types of cheese for added flavor.
- Make sure to brush each filo pastry sheet with olive oil to ensure a crispy texture.
- Store any leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
- When reheating, place the tart in a preheated oven for a few minutes to maintain its crispiness.
- Enjoy this tart as a main course or as an appetizer for parties and gatherings.
- Filo pastry sheets
- Broccoli florets
- Grated cheddar cheese
- Garlic cloves
- Olive oil
- Salt and pepper