Bramley apple tarts
The Delicious Bramley Apple Tarts
Bramley apple tarts are a delightful dessert that combines the tartness of Bramley apples with the sweetness of a buttery pastry crust. These tarts are perfect for any occasion and can be enjoyed by both adults and children. They are not only delicious but also packed with nutritional benefits that make them a guilt-free treat.
- High in Fiber: Bramley apple tarts are a great source of dietary fiber, which aids in digestion and helps maintain a healthy weight.
- Rich in Antioxidants: Bramley apples are packed with antioxidants that help protect the body against free radicals and reduce the risk of chronic diseases.
- Vitamin C Boost: These tarts are a fantastic source of vitamin C, which supports a strong immune system and promotes healthy skin.
- Low in Calories: Bramley apple tarts are relatively low in calories compared to other desserts, making them a guilt-free choice for those watching their calorie intake.
- Minerals Galore: These tarts also contain essential minerals like potassium and manganese, which play a crucial role in maintaining overall health and well-being.
- Bramley Apples: 4 large Bramley apples, peeled, cored, and sliced.
- Butter: 2 tablespoons of unsalted butter.
- Sugar: 1/4 cup of granulated sugar.
- Lemon Juice: 1 tablespoon of fresh lemon juice.
- Cinnamon: 1/2 teaspoon of ground cinnamon.
- Pastry: Store-bought or homemade pastry crust.
- Preheat: Preheat your oven to 375°F (190°C).
- Mix: In a mixing bowl, combine the sliced Bramley apples, sugar, lemon juice, and cinnamon. Toss well to coat the apples evenly.
- Roll Out: Roll out the pastry dough on a lightly floured surface and cut into individual tart-sized circles.
- Fill: Place a spoonful of the apple mixture onto each pastry circle and fold over the edges to create a rustic tart shape.
- Bake: Place the tarts on a baking sheet and bake for 25-30 minutes, or until the pastry is golden brown and the apples are tender.
- Serve: Allow the tarts to cool slightly before serving. They can be enjoyed warm or at room temperature.
Tips and Recommendations
When serving and preparing Bramley apple tarts, consider the following tips:
- Serve the tarts with a dollop of whipped cream or a scoop of vanilla ice cream for an extra indulgence.
- Add a sprinkle of powdered sugar or a drizzle of caramel sauce on top of the tarts for added sweetness.
- Make sure to use ripe Bramley apples for the best flavor and texture.
- Experiment with different spices like nutmeg or cloves to add a unique twist to the tarts.
- Store any leftover tarts in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
- Bramley apples (4 large)
- Unsalted butter (2 tablespoons)
- Granulated sugar (1/4 cup)
- Fresh lemon juice (1 tablespoon)
- Ground cinnamon (1/2 teaspoon)
- Store-bought or homemade pastry crust