Blueberry traybake with lemon icing
- Blueberries are packed with antioxidants, which help protect the body from damage caused by harmful free radicals.
- They are low in calories, making them a great choice for those watching their weight.
- Blueberries are a good source of dietary fiber, which aids in digestion and helps maintain a healthy weight.
- They are rich in vitamins C and K, which are essential for maintaining a strong immune system and healthy bones.
- Blueberries contain anthocyanins, a type of flavonoid that has been shown to improve brain function and memory.
- They are also a good source of manganese, which plays a key role in metabolism and bone health.
- Blueberries have been linked to a reduced risk of heart disease and may help lower blood pressure.
- They have anti-inflammatory properties and may help reduce the risk of chronic diseases such as cancer and arthritis.
- Blueberries are a natural source of sugars, providing a healthier alternative to processed sugars found in many desserts.
- 1 1/2 cups of all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup of granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup of unsalted butter, softened
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup of milk
- 1 1/2 cups of fresh blueberries
- 1 cup of powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons of lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon of lemon zest
- Preheat oven and prepare baking tray: Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C) and grease a baking tray.
- Mix dry ingredients: In a mixing bowl, combine the flour and granulated sugar.
- Add wet ingredients: Add the softened butter, eggs, vanilla extract, and milk to the dry ingredients. Mix well until smooth.
- Fold in blueberries: Gently fold in the fresh blueberries until evenly distributed in the batter.
- Bake: Pour the batter into the prepared baking tray and spread it evenly. Bake for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Make lemon icing: In a separate bowl, mix the powdered sugar, lemon juice, and lemon zest until you achieve a smooth icing consistency.
- Apply icing: Once the traybake has cooled, drizzle the lemon icing over the top.
- Serve and enjoy: Slice the traybake into squares and serve. Enjoy the delicious blueberry traybake with lemon icing!
Tips and Recommendations
- To enhance the flavor of the traybake, consider adding a sprinkle of lemon zest to the batter before baking.
- Serve the traybake with a dollop of whipped cream or a scoop of vanilla ice cream for an extra indulgent treat.
- Store any leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
- You can freeze the traybake for future enjoyment. Just make sure to wrap it tightly in plastic wrap and place it in a freezer-safe container.
- Experiment with different fruits like raspberries or blackberries for a variation of flavors.
- Enjoy a slice of this delicious traybake with a cup of hot tea or coffee for a delightful afternoon treat.