Blueberry muffin cobbler
Nutritional Benefits of Blueberry Muffin Cobbler
Blueberry muffin cobbler is a delicious and nutritious dessert that combines the flavors of blueberry muffins and cobbler. It is a perfect treat for those who love the taste of blueberries and want to indulge in a guilt-free dessert.
Blueberries, the star ingredient of this recipe, are packed with essential nutrients and offer numerous health benefits. They are low in calories and high in fiber, making them a great choice for weight management. Blueberries are also rich in antioxidants, which help protect the body against free radicals and reduce the risk of chronic diseases such as heart disease and cancer.
In addition to antioxidants, blueberries contain vitamins C and K, manganese, and potassium. Vitamin C is essential for a healthy immune system, while vitamin K is important for blood clotting and bone health. Manganese and potassium are vital minerals that support various bodily functions, including metabolism and heart health.
Furthermore, blueberries have been associated with improved brain health. Studies have shown that the antioxidants in blueberries can delay brain aging and improve memory and cognitive function. They may also help reduce the risk of age-related conditions such as Alzheimer's disease and dementia.
- Low in calories
- High in fiber
- Rich in antioxidants
- Good source of vitamins C and K
- Contains manganese and potassium
- Promotes brain health
Blueberry muffin cobbler requires a handful of simple and wholesome ingredients. Here's what you'll need:
- 2 cups fresh blueberries
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
Step 1: Preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C). Grease a baking dish.
Step 2: In a mixing bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt. Stir well.
Step 3: In a separate bowl, whisk together the melted butter, milk, and vanilla extract.
Step 4: Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix until just combined.
Step 5: Gently fold in the blueberries.
Step 6: Transfer the batter to the greased baking dish.
Step 7: Bake for 25-30 minutes or until the top is golden brown and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
Step 8: Remove from the oven and let cool for a few minutes before serving.
Tips and Recommendations:
When serving and preparing this delectable blueberry muffin cobbler, consider the following tips:
- Serve the cobbler warm with a scoop of vanilla ice cream or a dollop of whipped cream for an extra indulgence.
- Experiment with different types of berries or a combination of berries for a twist on the classic recipe.
- Sprinkle some cinnamon or nutmeg on top of the cobbler before baking for added flavor.
- If you prefer a gluten-free version, substitute all-purpose flour with a gluten-free flour blend.
- Store any leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator and enjoy within a few days.
- Fresh blueberries
- All-purpose flour
- Granulated sugar
- Unsalted butter
- Baking powder
- Vanilla extract