Bloody Mary ice lollies
Nutritional Benefits of Bloody Mary Ice Lollies
Bloody Mary ice lollies are not only a refreshing treat but also offer some nutritional benefits. Packed with vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants, these lollies can be a guilt-free indulgence. Let's take a closer look at the nutritional benefits they provide:
- Hydration: Bloody Mary ice lollies are an excellent way to stay hydrated, especially during hot summer days. The high water content in these lollies helps keep your body hydrated and maintains optimal bodily functions.
- Vitamin C: Tomatoes, one of the key ingredients in Bloody Mary ice lollies, are rich in vitamin C. This essential nutrient boosts your immune system, supports collagen production, and promotes healthy skin.
- Lycopene: Tomatoes are also a great source of lycopene, a powerful antioxidant that may help reduce the risk of certain types of cancer and protect against heart disease.
- Potassium: Bloody Mary ice lollies contain potassium, an electrolyte that helps maintain proper heart and muscle function. It also plays a role in balancing fluids in the body and regulating blood pressure.
- Antioxidants: The combination of ingredients in Bloody Mary ice lollies, such as tomatoes, celery, and Worcestershire sauce, provides a variety of antioxidants that can help fight inflammation and oxidative stress in the body.
To make these delicious and nutritious Bloody Mary ice lollies, you'll need the following ingredients:
- Tomato juice - 2 cups
- Worcestershire sauce - 2 tablespoons
- Lemon juice - 1 tablespoon
- Hot sauce - 1 teaspoon
- Celery salt - 1/2 teaspoon
- Vodka - 1/4 cup (optional)
- Celery stalks - for garnish
Step 1: In a mixing bowl, combine tomato juice, Worcestershire sauce, lemon juice, hot sauce, celery salt, and vodka (if using). Stir well to combine.
Step 2: Pour the mixture into ice lolly molds, leaving a little space at the top for expansion. Insert a celery stalk into each mold.
Step 3: Place the molds in the freezer and let them freeze for at least 6 hours or until solid.
Step 4: Once the lollies are completely frozen, remove them from the molds by running warm water over the bottom of the molds.
Step 5: Serve the Bloody Mary ice lollies immediately and enjoy!
Tips and Recommendations
When serving and preparing Bloody Mary ice lollies, consider the following tips and recommendations:
- For a non-alcoholic version, simply omit the vodka from the recipe.
- Customize the spice level by adjusting the amount of hot sauce according to your preference.
- Use fresh and high-quality ingredients to enhance the flavor and nutritional value of the lollies.
- Serve these ice lollies at your next summer gathering or pool party for a unique and refreshing twist.
- Store any leftover lollies in an airtight container in the freezer for future enjoyment.
- Tomato juice
- Worcestershire sauce
- Lemon juice
- Hot sauce
- Celery salt
- Vodka (optional)
- Celery stalks