Bitter leaf salad with olive oil dressing
Bitter Leaf Salad: A Healthy and Refreshing Dish
Looking for a nutritious and delicious salad recipe? Look no further than this bitter leaf salad with olive oil dressing. Packed with an array of vitamins and minerals, this salad is not only good for your health but also a treat for your taste buds.
- Rich in Antioxidants: Bitter leaf is known for its high antioxidant content, which helps fight off harmful free radicals in the body.
- Excellent Source of Vitamin C: This salad is a great way to boost your immune system, as bitter leaf contains a significant amount of vitamin C.
- Good for Digestion: Bitter leaf has natural digestive properties, aiding in proper digestion and preventing digestive issues.
- High in Fiber: Fiber is essential for a healthy digestive system, and this salad provides a good amount of dietary fiber.
- Low in Calories: If you're watching your calorie intake, this salad is perfect for you. It is low in calories, making it a great option for weight management.
- 1 cup bitter leaf
- 1 medium-sized cucumber
- 1 medium-sized tomato
- 1 small red onion
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Step 1: Wash the bitter leaf thoroughly and drain any excess water.
- Step 2: Chop the cucumber, tomato, and onion into small pieces.
- Step 3: In a mixing bowl, combine the bitter leaf, cucumber, tomato, and onion.
- Step 4: In a separate bowl, whisk together the olive oil, lemon juice, salt, and pepper to make the dressing.
- Step 5: Pour the dressing over the salad and toss well to coat all the ingredients.
- Step 6: Let the salad sit for a few minutes to allow the flavors to meld together.
- Step 7: Serve the salad chilled and enjoy!
Tips and Recommendations
When serving this refreshing salad, consider adding some toasted nuts or crumbled feta cheese for extra flavor and texture. You can also experiment with different herbs like mint or basil to enhance the taste. To make it a complete meal, add grilled chicken or shrimp on top. Remember to adjust the salt and pepper according to your taste preferences.
- Bitter leaf
- Red onion
- Olive oil
- Lemon juice