Beetroot and goat's cheese cups
Delicious Beetroot and Goat's Cheese Cups
Looking for a tasty and nutritious appetizer? Try these flavorful Beetroot and Goat's Cheese Cups. They are not only visually appealing but also packed with a range of nutritional benefits. This recipe combines the earthy sweetness of beetroots with the creamy tanginess of goat's cheese, creating a delightful flavor combination that will leave your taste buds wanting more.
- Rich in Antioxidants: Beetroots are loaded with antioxidants that help protect the body against oxidative stress and inflammation.
- High in Fiber: Both beetroots and goat's cheese are excellent sources of dietary fiber, which aids in digestion and promotes a healthy gut.
- Good for Heart Health: Beetroots contain nitrates that can help lower blood pressure and improve overall cardiovascular health.
- Boosts Immunity: The combination of beetroots and goat's cheese provides essential vitamins and minerals that support a strong immune system.
- Excellent Source of Calcium: Goat's cheese is a great dairy option for those who are lactose intolerant, as it is easier to digest and still provides ample calcium for healthy bones and teeth.
- 4 medium-sized beetroots
- 200g goat's cheese
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- Fresh thyme leaves
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Step 1: Preheat the oven to 400°F (200°C).
- Step 2: Peel and dice the beetroots into small cubes.
- Step 3: Toss the beetroot cubes with balsamic vinegar, honey, olive oil, salt, and pepper.
- Step 4: Spread the coated beetroot cubes on a baking sheet and roast for 25-30 minutes or until tender.
- Step 5: Once roasted, let the beetroot cubes cool down.
- Step 6: In the meantime, crumble the goat's cheese and set aside.
- Step 7: Assemble the cups by layering the roasted beetroot cubes and crumbled goat's cheese in small serving cups.
- Step 8: Garnish with fresh thyme leaves and drizzle with a little extra virgin olive oil.
Tips and Recommendations
When serving and preparing these delicious Beetroot and Goat's Cheese Cups, keep the following tips in mind:
- For added flavor, sprinkle some crushed walnuts or pistachios on top.
- Feel free to experiment with different types of cheese, such as feta or blue cheese, for a unique twist.
- Serve the cups as an appetizer or as part of a colorful salad.
- Make sure to thoroughly wash and scrub the beetroots before peeling and dicing.
- Goat's cheese
- Balsamic vinegar
- Thyme leaves
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper