Beef panang curry
Introduction to Beef Panang Curry
Beef Panang Curry is a delicious Thai dish that is known for its rich flavors and creamy texture. This curry is made with tender beef, aromatic spices, and a thick and flavorful sauce. It is commonly served with steamed jasmine rice or noodles, making it a satisfying and filling meal. In this article, we will discuss the nutritional benefits of Beef Panang Curry, provide a detailed list of ingredients, and guide you through the step-by-step process of preparing this mouthwatering dish.
- Protein: Beef is a great source of protein, which is essential for muscle growth and repair.
- Vitamins and Minerals: Beef is rich in essential vitamins and minerals like iron, zinc, and B vitamins, which are important for maintaining overall health.
- Healthy Fats: Coconut milk, a key ingredient in Panang Curry, contains healthy fats that can support heart health and help to keep you feeling full and satisfied.
- Antioxidants: Spices like ginger and turmeric used in the curry paste are known for their antioxidant properties, which can help to fight inflammation and boost the immune system.
- 1 lb beef, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons Panang curry paste
- 1 can coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon palm sugar
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced
- 1 cup green beans, trimmed
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- Fresh basil leaves, for garnish
- Step 1: Heat vegetable oil in a pan over medium heat. Add the Panang curry paste and stir-fry for a minute until fragrant.
- Step 2: Add the beef slices to the pan and cook until browned on all sides.
- Step 3: Pour in the coconut milk, fish sauce, and palm sugar. Stir well to combine.
- Step 4: Add the sliced red bell pepper and green beans to the pan. Simmer for 10-15 minutes until the vegetables are cooked and the sauce has thickened.
- Step 5: Remove from heat and stir in the lime juice.
- Step 6: Serve the Beef Panang Curry over steamed rice or noodles. Garnish with fresh basil leaves.
Tips and Recommendations
When serving and preparing Beef Panang Curry, consider the following tips and recommendations:
- Use high-quality beef for the best flavor and texture.
- Adjust the amount of curry paste according to your preferred level of spiciness.
- For a creamier curry, refrigerate the can of coconut milk and scoop out the thick cream on top before adding it to the pan.
- Customize the vegetables based on your preferences. You can add broccoli, carrots, or snow peas for extra crunch and nutrition.
- Garnish with fresh cilantro or chopped peanuts for added flavor and texture.
- To make the dish more filling, serve it with a side of jasmine rice or noodles.
- Panang curry paste
- Coconut milk
- Fish sauce
- Palm sugar
- Red bell pepper
- Green beans
- Vegetable oil
- Lime juice
- Fresh basil leaves