Beef, ginger and spring onion stir-fry
Beef Stir-Fry: A Delicious and Nutritious Meal
Beef stir-fry is a popular dish that combines the flavors of tender beef, fresh ginger, and spring onions. It is a quick and easy recipe that can be prepared in no time. In this article, we will explore the nutritional benefits of this dish and provide practical tips for preparing and serving it.
1. High in Protein: Beef is a great source of high-quality protein, which is essential for muscle growth and repair. It also helps to keep you feeling full and satisfied.
2. Rich in Vitamins and Minerals: This stir-fry recipe is packed with vitamins and minerals like vitamin B12, iron, zinc, and selenium. These nutrients are important for maintaining a healthy immune system and promoting overall well-being.
3. Low in Carbohydrates: If you're following a low-carb diet, this dish is perfect for you. The stir-fry contains minimal carbohydrates, making it a suitable option for those watching their carb intake.
4. Good Source of Healthy Fats: The addition of ginger and spring onions provides healthy fats that are beneficial for heart health. These fats help to reduce cholesterol levels and lower the risk of heart disease.
- 1 pound beef sirloin, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon oyster sauce
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon minced ginger
- 3 spring onions, sliced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Marinate the beef: In a bowl, mix the soy sauce, oyster sauce, and cornstarch. Add the beef slices and toss to coat. Let it marinate for at least 15 minutes.
- Heat the oil: Heat the vegetable oil in a wok or large skillet over high heat. Add the minced ginger and stir-fry for a minute until fragrant.
- Cook the beef: Add the marinated beef to the wok and stir-fry for 2-3 minutes until cooked through. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Add the spring onions: Add the sliced spring onions to the wok and stir-fry for another minute until they are slightly softened.
- Serve: Transfer the beef stir-fry to a serving dish and garnish with additional spring onions if desired. Serve hot with steamed rice or noodles.
Tips and Recommendations
- For a healthier option, use lean cuts of beef such as sirloin or tenderloin.
- Make sure to slice the beef thinly to ensure quick and even cooking.
- Feel free to add your favorite vegetables to the stir-fry, such as bell peppers, broccoli, or carrots.
- Adjust the level of spiciness by adding chili flakes or chili sauce if desired.
- To save time, you can prepare the marinade and slice the beef in advance.
- Serve the beef stir-fry with a side of steamed vegetables or a fresh salad for a complete and balanced meal.
- 1 pound beef sirloin
- Soy sauce
- Oyster sauce
- Vegetable oil
- Spring onions
- Salt and pepper