Baked trout with almonds recipe
Baked Trout with Almonds Recipe
Here is a delicious and nutritious recipe for baked trout with almonds. This dish is not only tasty but also packed with health benefits. In this article, we will explore the nutritional benefits of this recipe, provide practical tips, and present a unique shopping list.
- Omega-3 Fatty Acids: Trout is rich in omega-3 fatty acids, which are essential for heart health and brain function.
- Protein: This recipe is a great source of high-quality protein, which is essential for muscle growth and repair.
- Vitamins and Minerals: Trout contains vitamins D, B6, and B12, as well as minerals such as selenium and potassium.
- Low in Calories: Baking the trout with almonds instead of frying it makes this dish lower in calories, making it a healthier option.
- Good for Weight Management: The combination of protein and healthy fats in this recipe helps to keep you feeling full and satisfied, making it a great choice for weight management.
- 2 fresh trout fillets
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 lemon, sliced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Step 1: Preheat your oven to 375°F (190°C).
- Step 2: Place the trout fillets on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Step 3: Drizzle the olive oil over the fillets and season with salt and pepper.
- Step 4: Sprinkle the sliced almonds on top of the fillets.
- Step 5: Place the lemon slices on top of the almonds.
- Step 6: Bake for 15-20 minutes or until the trout is cooked through and flakes easily with a fork.
Tips and Recommendations
When serving and preparing this recipe, consider the following tips:
- Serve with a side of steamed vegetables or a green salad to add more nutrients to your meal.
- If you prefer a more intense flavor, you can add some fresh herbs like thyme or rosemary to the trout before baking.
- To ensure a crispy almond topping, toast the sliced almonds in a dry skillet before sprinkling them over the fish.
- When buying trout, look for fillets that are firm, shiny, and have a mild odor. Avoid fish with a strong fishy smell.
- Store any leftover baked trout in an airtight container in the refrigerator and consume within 2-3 days.
- Fresh trout fillets
- Sliced almonds
- Olive oil
- Salt and pepper
Enjoy this delicious and nutritious baked trout with almonds recipe, and reap the health benefits it offers. Happy cooking!