Baked new potatoes with spring onion, sour cream and crispy bacon recipe
Delicious Baked New Potatoes
Baked new potatoes with spring onion, sour cream, and crispy bacon is a mouthwatering dish that combines the creamy texture of potatoes with the savory flavors of spring onion and bacon. This recipe is perfect for any occasion, whether it's a family dinner or a casual get-together with friends.
- Potatoes: Potatoes are a great source of vitamins C and B6, potassium, and fiber. They also contain antioxidants that help protect against cell damage.
- Spring Onion: Spring onions are low in calories and rich in vitamins A and K. They also contain antioxidants and have anti-inflammatory properties.
- Sour Cream: Sour cream is a good source of calcium and vitamin B12. It also provides probiotics that are beneficial for gut health.
- Bacon: Bacon is high in protein and provides essential amino acids. However, it should be consumed in moderation due to its high fat and sodium content.
- 1 pound new potatoes
- 2 spring onions, thinly sliced
- 1 cup sour cream
- 4 slices crispy bacon, crumbled
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Step 1: Preheat the oven to 400°F (200°C). Wash the new potatoes and pat them dry.
- Step 2: Place the potatoes on a baking sheet and drizzle with olive oil. Season with salt and pepper, then toss to coat evenly.
- Step 3: Bake the potatoes for 25-30 minutes, or until they are golden brown and crispy.
- Step 4: While the potatoes are baking, prepare the toppings. In a small bowl, mix the sliced spring onions with the sour cream.
- Step 5: Once the potatoes are done, remove them from the oven and let them cool slightly. Cut a small slit on the top of each potato and gently squeeze to open.
- Step 6: Spoon the sour cream and spring onion mixture onto each potato and top with crumbled bacon.
- Step 7: Serve the baked new potatoes with spring onion, sour cream, and crispy bacon as a delicious side dish or appetizer.
Tips and Recommendations
- To make the potatoes extra crispy, you can toss them in cornstarch before baking.
- Feel free to add other toppings such as grated cheese, chives, or even a dollop of guacamole.
- Serve the dish immediately to enjoy the perfect combination of flavors and textures.
- Don't forget to adjust the seasoning according to your taste preferences.
- When shopping for ingredients, make sure to choose fresh and high-quality produce for the best results.
- Remember to store any leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
- Enjoy these baked new potatoes as a side dish with grilled meat or as a tasty snack on their own.