Baked lemon puddings recipe
Nutritional Benefits of Baked Lemon Puddings
Baked lemon puddings not only satisfy your taste buds but also offer several nutritional benefits. Here are some reasons why you should include this delightful dessert in your diet:
- Rich in Vitamin C: Lemons are a fantastic source of Vitamin C, which helps boost your immune system and promotes healthy skin.
- Low in Calories: Baked lemon puddings are relatively low in calories, making them a guilt-free treat for those watching their weight.
- Good Source of Fiber: These puddings contain a decent amount of dietary fiber, aiding digestion and promoting a healthy gut.
- Aids Digestion: The lemon zest used in the recipe contains essential oils that can stimulate digestion and alleviate bloating or indigestion.
- Provides Antioxidants: Lemons are packed with antioxidants that help fight free radicals in the body, reducing the risk of chronic diseases.
- Boosts Iron Absorption: The Vitamin C in lemons enhances the absorption of iron from other foods, making it an ideal dessert to pair with iron-rich meals.
To prepare these delectable baked lemon puddings, you'll need the following ingredients:
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- Powdered sugar for dusting
Step 1: Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C) and grease individual ramekins.
Step 2: In a mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, and salt.
Step 3: In a separate bowl, cream together the softened butter and granulated sugar until light and fluffy.
Step 4: Beat in the eggs, one at a time, until well incorporated.
Step 5: Gradually add the dry ingredients to the butter mixture, alternating with the milk. Stir in the lemon juice and zest.
Step 6: Pour the batter into the prepared ramekins, filling them about two-thirds of the way.
Step 7: Bake for approximately 20-25 minutes or until the puddings are golden brown and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
Step 8: Allow the puddings to cool for a few minutes, then dust with powdered sugar before serving.
Tips and Recommendations
When serving and preparing these delightful baked lemon puddings, consider the following tips:
- For an extra burst of flavor, you can add a dollop of whipped cream or a scoop of vanilla ice cream on top of each pudding.
- To make the recipe more visually appealing, you can garnish the puddings with a sprinkle of lemon zest or a slice of fresh lemon.
- It's important to use fresh lemon juice and zest to achieve the best flavor. Avoid using bottled lemon juice as it may not provide the same tangy taste.
- Make sure to accurately measure the ingredients to ensure the perfect texture and taste of the puddings.
- When greasing the ramekins, you can use butter or cooking spray to prevent sticking.
- These puddings are best enjoyed warm, straight from the oven. However, you can also refrigerate any leftovers and enjoy them chilled.
- All-purpose flour
- Baking powder
- Unsalted butter
- Granulated sugar
- Fresh lemon juice
- Lemon zest
- Powdered sugar
Remember to follow this recipe and indulge in the delightful baked lemon puddings while benefiting from their nutritional value. Enjoy!