Baked herby carrots recipe
Nutritional Benefits of Baked Herby Carrots
Baked herby carrots are not only delicious but also packed with essential nutrients that promote good health. Here are some of the nutritional benefits of including this recipe in your diet:
- Vitamin A: Carrots are a rich source of beta-carotene, which is converted into vitamin A in the body. Vitamin A is crucial for maintaining healthy vision, supporting immune function, and promoting cell growth and development.
- Fiber: Carrots are a great source of dietary fiber, which aids digestion and helps maintain bowel regularity. Consuming an adequate amount of fiber can also help control blood sugar levels and lower the risk of heart disease.
- Antioxidants: Carrots contain antioxidants such as beta-carotene, lutein, and zeaxanthin, which help protect the body against damage from harmful free radicals. These antioxidants may also play a role in reducing the risk of chronic diseases, including certain types of cancer.
- Potassium: Carrots are a good source of potassium, an essential mineral that helps regulate blood pressure and maintain proper muscle and nerve function.
- Vitamin K: Carrots provide vitamin K, which is important for blood clotting and bone health.
Ingredients for Baked Herby Carrots
To make this delicious recipe, you will need the following ingredients:
- Carrots (8-10 medium-sized carrots)
- Olive oil (2 tablespoons)
- Fresh herbs (such as thyme, rosemary, or parsley) (1 tablespoon, chopped)
- Garlic cloves (2 cloves, minced)
- Salt (to taste)
- Black pepper (to taste)
Processing Steps for Baked Herby Carrots
- Preheat the oven: Preheat your oven to 400°F (200°C).
- Prepare the carrots: Wash and peel the carrots. Cut them into sticks or rounds, depending on your preference.
- Season the carrots: In a bowl, combine the olive oil, chopped herbs, minced garlic, salt, and black pepper. Toss the carrots in this mixture until they are well coated.
- Bake the carrots: Arrange the seasoned carrots on a baking sheet in a single layer. Bake them in the preheated oven for about 20-25 minutes or until they are tender and slightly caramelized.
- Serve and enjoy: Remove the baked herby carrots from the oven and serve them as a side dish or as a healthy snack. Garnish with additional fresh herbs if desired.
Tips and Recommendations for Serving and Preparing
Here are some tips and recommendations to enhance your experience with baked herby carrots:
- For added flavor, you can sprinkle some grated Parmesan cheese over the carrots before baking them.
- Experiment with different herb combinations to find your favorite flavor profile.
- To save time, you can prepare the seasoning mixture in advance and store it in an airtight container for future use.
- Make sure to evenly coat the carrots with the seasoning mixture to ensure a flavorful outcome.
- For a touch of sweetness, you can drizzle a small amount of honey or maple syrup over the carrots before baking them.
Shopping List for Baked Herby Carrots
- Olive oil
- Fresh herbs (such as thyme, rosemary, or parsley)
- Garlic cloves
- Black pepper