Baked crispy kale recipe
Nutritional Benefits of Baked Crispy Kale
Baked crispy kale is not only a delicious snack or side dish, but it also offers numerous nutritional benefits. Kale is often referred to as a superfood due to its high nutrient content. Here are some of the key nutritional benefits of adding baked crispy kale to your diet:
- Vitamin A: Kale is rich in vitamin A, which plays a crucial role in maintaining healthy vision, supporting immune function, and promoting cell growth.
- Vitamin K: Baked crispy kale is an excellent source of vitamin K, which is essential for blood clotting and bone health.
- Vitamin C: This leafy green vegetable is also packed with vitamin C, an antioxidant that helps protect cells from damage, supports collagen production, and boosts the immune system.
- Fiber: Kale contains a good amount of dietary fiber, which aids in digestion, helps maintain healthy blood sugar levels, and promotes feelings of fullness.
- Calcium: Despite being a plant-based food, kale is an excellent source of calcium, which is essential for healthy bones, teeth, and muscle function.
- Iron: Baked crispy kale provides a significant amount of iron, a mineral that is necessary for the production of red blood cells and the transportation of oxygen throughout the body.
- Antioxidants: Kale is loaded with antioxidants, including flavonoids and carotenoids, which help protect against chronic diseases and reduce inflammation in the body.
Ingredients for Baked Crispy Kale
To prepare this delicious and nutritious snack, you will need the following ingredients:
- 1 bunch of fresh kale
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 1 teaspoon of sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon of black pepper
- Optional: additional seasonings such as garlic powder, paprika, or chili flakes
Processing Steps for Baked Crispy Kale
Step 1: Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C).
Step 2: Wash the kale thoroughly and remove the tough stems. Tear the kale leaves into bite-sized pieces.
Step 3: In a large mixing bowl, toss the kale with olive oil, sea salt, black pepper, and any additional seasonings of your choice.
Step 4: Spread the seasoned kale evenly on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
Step 5: Bake the kale in the preheated oven for about 10-15 minutes, or until the leaves become crispy and slightly browned.
Step 6: Remove the baking sheet from the oven and let the crispy kale cool for a few minutes before serving.
Tips and Recommendations for Serving and Preparing Baked Crispy Kale
When serving and preparing baked crispy kale, consider the following tips:
- Experiment with different seasonings to add variety to your baked crispy kale. Try sprinkling some grated Parmesan cheese, nutritional yeast, or lemon zest on top before baking.
- Make sure to completely dry the kale leaves after washing them to ensure crispiness.
- Keep an eye on the kale while baking to prevent it from burning. Cooking times may vary depending on your oven, so adjust accordingly.
- Serve the baked crispy kale as a healthy snack, a side dish for your main meal, or crumble it over salads and soups for an added crunch.
- Store any leftovers in an airtight container to maintain their crispiness.
- Fresh kale
- Olive oil
- Sea salt
- Black pepper
- Optional: garlic powder, paprika, chili flakes, grated Parmesan cheese, nutritional yeast, lemon zest